PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
Video recording - Page 2
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video recording

Hmm.. Null Point [French accent] for Razor Game Booster.
    Won't let me start a BF3 game when started and crashes it if I start it during. Let down.

MSI Afterburner now..

What's with all this extra space at the bottom? What am I supposed to do with it?? XD

I use razor preferals, and I must admit im a fan, will defo have to try gamebooster. As for recording software,

1st vid, how to perfect your cannon fodder technique, part 1

MSI seems to be working okay and managed to make a video file. Not sure about the impact on the frames so we'll see tonight!
    B-Psychosis, I'm thinking the same. There's definitely too much skill involved in meat-shield for one vid

What's with all this extra space at the bottom? What am I supposed to do with it?? XD

UK1 friends
    I know this was quite a while since someone posted but thought I'd share my opinion.

Most big commentators use Dxtory to record mainly because it allows you to fiddle with the settings a lot more, although it will differ by what you use as PC performance may differ/your frames.

You could also use X-Split am pretty sure you can record with that its around £10 a month or something around that margin ill be using x-split to live stream when I get my new PC should be fun.

Ah, xem and I have started using play claw. Seems to work reet good

UK1 members
    If you have the money and really want to do this as a proper Youtube Channel and try to make a little money then I would get one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVerMedia-C8.../dp/B00C1EO536

Capture any video that can be output via HDMI.

I use Dxtory, cost me 3600 yen, about £25 for the license but it has soooo many different options

I got the settings etc from here:
    http://youtu.be/DTZguToKY-k

My FPS can sit around 30 - 40 and DXtory (recording to the same drive) goes down about 5 - 10 fps

Inactive UK1 member
    For good Quality Recordings both local and streaming (in conjuction with something like X-Split etc) I agree with most that DXTory is your best bet due to the way you can tweak the settings to your system to get the best results possible using Lagorith Lossless Codec. It does use your CPU but not as much as most.

Another alternative you might want to look at is a program called "Open Broadcaster Software. It uses very little resources and has just enough options to tweak and will record locally or stream.
    However the codec it uses isn't as good as DXTory, but it's a nice alternative if you need the extra CPU power to playgames without loweing your settings ingame.

UK1 members
    Wow... How did I never see this thread!

The 3 best recording programs at the moment are:
    Fraps, Dxtory and Bandicam.
    I personally use a combination of fraps and bandicam.

bandicam makes very small files like 100mb a min rather than fraps which is about 4gb per min!

For me bandicam is better than anything else because of its ability to record to two seperate audio tracks. One for system sound (what you hear) and one for your microphone. That means that you don't need to spend ages setting up your microphone and the game volume before you start playing, because it can be done in the editing stage.

I would stay away from MSI afterburner and other programs.

Dxtory for me is terrible, it makes my games micro stutter like crazy and gives files that are unusable.

Fraps is O.K but the datarates just make it impractical if you are recording alot. (I filled a 4TB raid5 array in a week!) Since its about 4GB a min that gives you about 4.5 hours of footage per TB which if you are playing bf3 every night, is just crap. Bandicam on the other hand will record for 170 hours per TB with as far as I can tell, no quality loss. Also bandicam's files are much easier to work with since they are just one file. Unlike fraps which splits it into 4gb chunks with only the date and time as a title... so you end up watching ever video just to figure out the splits between sessions!

If anyone has any questions about YouTube stuff ask away. I have been at it for about 3 years now and alot has changed (mostly for the better) specifically on the partnership and advertising side of things.

I will post my bandicam and fraps settings below once I get back from work.

http://www.youtube.com/ghsgamingclan (current channel)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/euanmutch (old one with banned adsense account... )
    I7-8700k, 1080Ti, 16gb, 950pro, 4k GSync

Registered Users

Video recording

Could anyone be able to send me / or upload a video of the Professor when the slot needs an attendant ?