PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
Star Citizen / Squadron 42 - Page 3
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyBA View Post
    Is this going to be subscription based?

It's coming across as an MMO with lots of features / updates as it goes along. So it seems like it would be sub based?

Cant you just do what you want what ever you decide on? It sounds like there are a lot of options on what you can do with your self. Do you get stuck just doing the one thing? :S
    No subscription. You buy the game (either pre-order pledge or when the game is released). The business model is that there will be enough new players coming in that they keep the servers running and keep adding content.

I've basically paid £50 for a starting ship that is quite a bit better than the standard one, the full game (including the 50+ mission single-player military campaign), plus alpha and beta access. That is all I need ever pay. There is nothing in the game that cannot be earned or purchased in-game, so it certainly isn't pay-to-win.

We can set up as a PMC or whatever, and change stuff around later on if we want - nothing is set in stone.

We could fall from grace and go in to piracy, or start a revolution, or take over an industrial concern which we fight to protect or whatever :)

It just looks sexy too me at the moment. Cant part with Pennies until i really know what im investing in

Nothing wrong with that.

Yea I'm interested. Just can't understand right now a fair few bits. Like why you would pay 200quid for a space boat if you can just buy it in game?

I will get it I'm sure, its the kinda thing that really interests me and sexy graphics too. Just some in answered questions
    "On the way Over, Over!" - Stormy Waters

"There's no 'rage quit' in 'team'!" - DaveM

Quote Originally Posted by StormyBA View Post
    Yea I'm interested. Just can't understand right now a fair few bits. Like why you would pay 200quid for a space boat if you can just buy it in game?

I will get it I'm sure, its the kinda thing that really interests me and sexy graphics too. Just some in answered questions
    Because you would have to spend a lot of hours in game doing stuff to get enough in-game money to buy it. Generally (imho), young people who have lots of time but little money will start off with the base game and get up to the big stuff by playing a lot. Older people who have money but less time will buy a bigger package (oo-er missus etc.) upfront so they get a short cut. They will probably be caught up by the guys who can put the hours in though.

Also, the biggest upfront package I saw was for $12,000. And they sold out before I even knew about the game. People are paying thousands now to play this game the year after next. That is how awesome it will be.

UK1 members
    I've invested in a Saitek X52 Pro for this and Elite: Dangerous, so I'm definitely in, when I get back from the 'Stan in March.

I quite like the idea of a corporation, making riches for us members by doing whatever is most profitable at any given time, but also packing a punch to defend our interests, and not being averse to underhanded dealings to maintain our position.
    Last edited by RobinXe; 15-01-2014 at 01:50 AM.

UK1 members
    I'm sort of torn about this game seen as I'd like to pledge, but if it comes out in 2016, I don't know where I might be (there's quite a few graduate jobs in Australia that might still be there). But! If I do then I'll probably go for a Freelancer, (or caterpillar if it comes up again and I have the cash). Failing that, I'd want to just play as a crewman for either explorers or bounty hunters. I think there's huge scope for the boarding FPS style play and I love the idea of manning a turret while cruising through space and battling pirates. All the fun, some of the cut and the real flexibility for those just jumping into a job.

That said, can anyone recommend a decent flightstick? I've heard that SC are developing their own specifically for the game, but are there any good ones out at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Stev_elson View Post
    I'm sort of torn about this game seen as I'd like to pledge, but if it comes out in 2016, I don't know where I might be (there's quite a few graduate jobs in Australia that might still be there). But! If I do then I'll probably go for a Freelancer, (or caterpillar if it comes up again and I have the cash). Failing that, I'd want to just play as a crewman for either explorers or bounty hunters. I think there's huge scope for the boarding FPS style play and I love the idea of manning a turret while cruising through space and battling pirates. All the fun, some of the cut and the real flexibility for those just jumping into a job.

That said, can anyone recommend a decent flightstick? I've heard that SC are developing their own specifically for the game, but are there any good ones out at the moment?
    They reckon early 2015 for the full release. There should be an alpha mid-2014 and beta at the back end of the year.

If you want to get in the alpha/beta and want a say in how the game turns out (and yes they do listen), then you need to pledge up front. There isn't anything wrong with doing like Psy, and waiting for the game to be released and reviewed or whatever, and then buying it or not.

Controls-wise, play Freelancer (brilliant game, and must be almost giveaway price now) with mouse and keyboard, tell me then that you want a flightstick ;)

UK1 members
    I'll let you know how the X52 Pro pans out when I get back to the UK in March and can use it!

The Organisation module has just been launched. We have a UK1 page at:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UK1CLAN/

We are a Private Military Company, running Bounty Hunting and Security ops (at least initially).

If anyone has/is going to pledge, do please sign up, and I will make you a Colonel or something :)