PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
UK1 Securities - Star Citizen Organisation - Page 3
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezergood View Post
    I read about the affiliate system. We each get to have one Proper membership, which is UK1 ofc. Then we can affiliate to loads of others. Vaguely analagous, when I was playing WoW, my guild was friendly with a few others, if we weren't doing stuff ourselves we'd get in touch and see if we could do stuff together.
    The only obvious restriction by affiliating is we ought not to attack them. But we aren't pirates, so we wouldn't anyway.
    I say join away en masse, and if it isn't working out, nothing lost, we just unaffiliate.

Is it worth putting this to a poll to run for a week or so for all UK1S members to vote on?
    I've not got to the bottom yet of whether this is an Org-Org affiliation or Player-Org affiliation. If it is the latter, everyone can decide for themselves. If it is the former, I'll put up a poll.

UK1 members
    The bit about Affiliates can be had here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...rship-Launched

Having read it, it seems a personal thing, rather than an Org based decision, however like all things in SC there seems to be room for flexibility. There is mention of Exclusive organisations (not automatically enforced) which do not allow their members to be affiliated to anyone else, sort of like UK1s general policy in Battlefield.

To get to the point I think we need to set a policy for UK1s .. Can our members affiliate with other organisations? Can they affiliate only with organisations that we as a whole agree on, must all affiliations be public or redacted or should we just say do whatever you want?

Personally I think any public affiliations should be agreed on as a whole and any redacted ones can be up to the individuals.

And as to Xplor .. I would vote that we publicly affiliate with them.

UK1 members
    This certainly looks like an opportunity.

We don't want to get lost in a bigger entity, but at the same time, a regular supply of contracts, training and tech will kick start our Star Citizen campaign.

I vote, if it is a voting matter, that we sign up collectively for a limited time and see how it goes.

I also think that we should not privately affiliate to other orgs in case it leads to conflicts of interest.
    Last edited by DavidM; 26-05-2014 at 10:55 AM.

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    This certainly looks like an opportunity.

We don't want to get lost in a bigger entity, but at the same time, a regular supply of contracts, training and tech will kick start our Star Citizen campaign.

I vote, if it is a voting matter, that we sign up collectively for a limited time and see how it goes.

I also think that we should not privately affiliate to other orgs in case it leads to conflicts of interest.
    I concur

UK1 members
    So you guys are aware, this is a bit of a blanket spam invitation by XPLOR in order to gain more members. See here for more information.

It's basically a script sent out, tailored to the organisation type. If you read through the comments you'll see that a lot of organisations have received this message.

Personally I would highly recommend you avoid this completely. To pull off a complicated management system of multiple orgs, offering: training, resources and other incentives will be nigh on impossible when you consider that you'll be fighting against literally thousands of other organisations internally. Bearing in mind that while the organisation currently has about 1% of the whole overall citizens registered in the game, such an organisation cannot bear the weight of such a monumental task, without any form of actual in-game playability at the moment.

While it doesn't hurt to look into options for org affiliation benefits. I would strongly recommend instead, looking at ReddFaction, where there is a more personal touch to all involved.

It's not my personal choice to make, but don't be duped, XPLOR has gone from 2k members to 4k members in less than 48 hours with this tactic. Keep your wits about you gentlemen. Space is a big place and as it's been pointed out, you don't want to get lost in a bigger entity!
    "Aww Stev, you've ruined my montage!" 07/05/2014 - Sn0St0rm

UK1 members
    Cheers for pointing that out Stev ... perhaps best not to rush into these things then

Nobody was rushing into anything. We were talking about it :)

UK1 members
    And whatever we decide as a group or individuals, I presume we could just bail if it turnsout to be shite. I second the motion that none of us should have affiliations secret from each other, even if we do join some stuff individually. I don't want to defend a cargo run from another UK1 in a redacted Pirate clan.

Idea developing.....some of us may fancy trying piracy at some stage. Once the relevant maps etc are settled, could we decide some house rules for where it is allowed, if at all? Or should we ban piracy for Org members as UK1 tags will be visible to victims?

UK1 members
    While I'm still pushing forward with the org idea I put in another thread as being a main point. I agree with the transparency of having no affiliations hidden from each other. It'll depend on the metagame as to how you want to allow it to be seen in public (as this is currently a public forum), but conflicts of interest are going to hopefully be minimized this way.

In terms of security, a question was posed to Chris over resources, where he said that he would like them to be finite. This means that any oil/fuel field will need some security and every run more so, especially when supplies dwindle. If it is a finite system in the universe, then it could pose some great opportunities for everyone from a security point of view!

Also, I'm half tempted to start a UK1 raffle to buy the org an Idris package, who's in!? Tickets start at £200 and the prize is a turn as captain + dibs on a ship! Only 15 tickets need be sold! :P
    "Aww Stev, you've ruined my montage!" 07/05/2014 - Sn0St0rm

Org application spam thread on the forums. Basically, most folks got one of these from XPLOR.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...am-invitations

Not a nice tactic.