PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code on line 193
Friendly vs Essex Rifles?
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Friendly vs Essex Rifles?

Hey UK1,

Just wondered if you fancied a friendly against Essex Rifles clan sometime? We've played against each other various times before in BC2 and BF3 scrims so thought it would be good to keep up the tradition for BF4... :)

This will be our first ever BF4 scrim and my clanmates think Obliteration mode would be fun to try if that suits you too? We can host if you like. As for time, how would Sunday 4th May at 8.00pm (UK time) sound?

Feel free to add me on Battelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/BENBOBBY/ to make it easier to arrange.

Thanks, BENBOBBY.

Hey BENBOBBY,

Good to hear from you again. Yeah, we can get something sorted out. A lot of us like to play Obliteration, so that could be fun.

How would your guys feel if we wanted to play on a Thursday, rather than Sunday? A lot of us struggle to get on on a Sunday, and Tues & Thurs are our regular clan nights. I'm sure we could get a team together on a Sunday if not.

We do have a match on the 27th, so I'll see what the feeling is about playing two weeks in a row. Be back as soon as I can with an answer for you...

Salamandroid (Pete)

Hi Pete,

Yeh Thursday would be fine by us (we usually play scrims either Thursday or Sunday nights). Were you thinking the 1st or 8th May then? Glad you guys like Obliteration mode too (Ive yet to try it myself) :)

Probably 8th May would be better for us. Shall we lock that in?

So, a couple of rounds each, on each of our map choices, with a 30 or 40 minute timer for each round, so it doesn't drag on too long?

We have no particular rules on weapons allowed or anything. We don't get on with baserape and vehicle stealing (from base) but other than that pretty much anything goes. Do you have any additional rule requirements?

Let us know your map choice when you have it, and I'll do likewise.

im good for the 1st or 8th, finally i can get involved. Just need to sort match size 6, 8, 10, 12 ?

The 8th would be good yeh :) As for numbers I think 12 vs 12 should be possible. I imagine lots of people being keen to play our first scrim and they have plenty of notice.

Regarding rules, what are your thoughts on having spectator(s)? Then any clan members not playing could watch the match live so its more inclusive for everyone. However since I dont believe its possible to add a time delay there is the potential to cheat by revealing players positions etc. If both clans gave their word that they wont use it for any advantage then hopefully we can trust each other! In reality because everything is usually so hectic it probably wouldnt be much help anyways. Would that be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BENBOBBY View Post
    The 8th would be good yeh :) As for numbers I think 12 vs 12 should be possible. I imagine lots of people being keen to play our first scrim and they have plenty of notice.

Regarding rules, what are your thoughts on having spectator(s)? Then any clan members not playing could watch the match live so its more inclusive for everyone. However since I dont believe its possible to add a time delay there is the potential to cheat by revealing players positions etc. If both clans gave their word that they wont use it for any advantage then hopefully we can trust each other! In reality because everything is usually so hectic it probably wouldnt be much help anyways. Would that be ok?
    OK cool, let's lock in for the 8th. We'll try for 12v12 and see how we go. I don't personally have an issue with spectating, but we have 'war party' meeting tomorrow night, so undoubtedly it will get discussed there.

Ok :) Actually I usually record scrims as I enjoy making quick montages out of them. So if anyone suspected we where using the spectator unfairly I could upload the whole unedited audio from the match as proof! You are welcome to have a spectator too of course. After all though it is only for fun and if anyone has to resort to any sort of cheating it would be a pretty hollow victory!

If everyone jumps in one TS server and the spectators go in their own channel we can make sure there are no h4x? :)
    "On the way Over, Over!" - Stormy Waters

"There's no 'rage quit' in 'team'!" - DaveM

OK, so general feedback is people are twitchy about spectators, but streaming to twitch and people watching there is OK.

We've picked Flood Zone as our map. Do you have yours sorted out yet?