PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
GTA V for PC - Page 2
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V for PC

Not to mention you're sustaining the pre-order system (which needs to go away). I'll wait for the first reviews.

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev_elson View Post
    I'll be honest, it's a hell of a fun game with friends. Some of the most fun has been recently. But! Be warned, be warned. There's a little bit of grinding to get some of the weapons. All of the DLC ones are rank free, and to be honest they're some of the best in the game! Just some of the others take a bit of getting there.

An example being the racing, you have to win a certain number of races to unlock the modifications for the cars. The best way of doing this is by trading wins on a small 1 lap race. There's a circle one around the prison that takes literally 30 seconds a pop, in one afternoon you should've unlocked everything. It's just a faff to do it though.

There's plenty of missions co-op person to do. The majority of them are 4 person though, similarly with heists. A lot of them are first person. Races can be up to 30 I think though, so plenty of room for all of us! :P A fair few of them revolve around the 'go there, kill these guys, come back here', but ultimately the fun comes in the choice of 'how' you do it. Some missions you might want to get a helicopter in with a sniper hanging out the side, shooting the NPCs while your ground team of two takes out the remaining forces on the ground. You may want to do a stealth approach and systematically move through a compound without alerting the enemy. Orrrr, you can get in an Technical with a huge 50. cal machine gun on top, and literally mow through everything and everyone. The choice, is yours.

That said, the main fun is Free Roam/Free Mode. The true 'sandbox' that unfortunately is limited by the 'MMO' grind to get the fun stuff, unless you have a mate that has it in the meantime. That said, most of the fun comes working together. I had a hell of a time recently, running from the north of the city, to the impound yard in the south to collect my insurgent with one of my mates, all while having a 5 star wanted level. But because I'd pissed off a few of the people in the lobby (resulting in the initial impound), I had muggers sent after me, mercenaries sent to kill me, and a bounty placed on my head. So I was fending off people, and violent NPCs left, right and centre! It was AWESOME!

The cars drive a lot like midnight club, don't be expecting any Project Cars style of racing, but it's still fairly awesome, each car has its own style of handling. You'll find there are some cars that aren't technically the best (min/max wise), but you'll be able to drive them much better than others, simply because they fit your style.

The character creation is apparently pretty good (not SR4 level) on console, so I'm excited to see if it's any better for online on PC. You buy the clothes you want in game using in game money (which are fairly cheap, I guess) and can save outfits.

Oh, and this beast is an insurgent.
    Sounds promising, I'm a fan of grinding, put a bunch of hours grinding in Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2 during the last year. On top of that, the ability to just mess around with vehicles in online mode sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdOne View Post
    Not to mention you're sustaining the pre-order system (which needs to go away). I'll wait for the first reviews.
    Similar, the only reason I preordered was because the cash came out of my steam inventory and the last AAA game I bought is awesome and well deserved the price asked for it so I kind off got highish hopes up for GTAV.
    r.i.p Connie Taurus. Oh hello M4A4 Howl

UK1 members
    So where is the cheapest place to pre-order this from????

UK1 members
    I don't use steam so think I'll look at cd keys!!

Quote Originally Posted by DStruct View Post
    Rape CSGO for abit, make some money and order it on Steam thats what I did. Got it for £32 on steam
    I'd do that if I actually liked CS:GO... It just never did it for me. Not like CSS anyway.

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Joe View Post
    I don't use steam so think I'll look at cd keys!!
    It's kind off worth having it on steam cause you'd be able to join in friends' games or invite to yours. Steam page for GTA V doesn't say anything about it using another DRM so it's rather wierd why they sell other keys.

UK1 members
    Ahhh shit - how do I sort that then as just bought from CD Keys......????

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Joe View Post
    Ahhh shit - how do I sort that then as just bought from CD Keys......????
    The game's page on cdkeys.com says activate and download via the developer's website if you put the cursor on the cd icon on GTA's page. Not sure how it's gonna work online though, I mean like when it comes to adding people to friend list and such since on steam it's all account based and irrelevant of that game you're playing.
    Last edited by RazorTyO; 26-03-2015 at 07:02 PM.

I Pre-orded it yesterdag on Steam
    http://s1.1zoom.net/big0/336/World_Of_Warship_Ships_443192.jpg

UK1 members
    Played it a fair bit on 360 single player, was fun, don't think I got anywhere like half way, absolutely huge game. If you liked 4, it's worth it just for single player. I cba getting it for PC though immediately, too many othr things going on to get another game to not play.
    I am intrigued by CSGO, are poeple suggesting you can make appreciable amounts of money by playing it lots?