PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
Windows 10 - Page 3
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyBA View Post
    Does this just install over my windows 7 install? Do i loose anything?!
    There's an option which allows to keep your apps and files, but you need to read up on the programs which will not work after upgrade and which you should preferably uninstall before upgrading.

Are you already able to download the upgrade itself? Mine keeps saying "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC. yada yada yada..."
    Last edited by RazorTyO; 29-07-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    r.i.p Connie Taurus. Oh hello M4A4 Howl

It all takes a while but does work. Lots of waiting and watching it boil. I did it on the laptop at work and it seemed okay. 8.1 to 10 no issues. All programs seem okay too, mind: nothing really controversial on the work one.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

What's with all this extra space at the bottom? What am I supposed to do with it?? XD

I kind of want to do it on my work laptop as well...

But I seriously can't be bothered to install all the software again and then configure all the servers and version control systems and whatnot...

I'll do it when I change client/project :P! (and if the boss agrees)

If you haven't got the invite yet, do this:

• Go to Command Prompt as an admin
    • Type wuauclt.exe /updatenow

A few problems with Windows 10 and battlefield 4 came up tonight. Not sure why but it crashed once and booted me out of a game once. Need to look into it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

What's with all this extra space at the bottom? What am I supposed to do with it?? XD

I upgraded from 7 to 10 and it's been mostly OK.

My pc no longer believes I've got a separate Creative X-Fi sound card though - something odd with the Creative drivers means i's not showing up in the devices menu at all - however, my MB has 7.1 on board sound so it's no big loss really. Also I had to reinstall my NVIDIA drivers as they went walkabout during the upgrade. Other than that, it's been surprisingly fine.

I use 7 at home and 8.1 on my work laptop, and so far 10 is like the best bits of both - glad I don't have to see those stupid blocky Metro tiles on my home PC as it realises I don't have a touch screen so defaults to the standard Windows desktop. I know there were easy workarounds to not seeing them in 8.1, but it just irked me that they were there at all - bad design is bad design!

Not noticed a huge improvement so far in terms of gaming because I don't get to play very much at the moment - I have tried BF4 on the training map and it was fine, hopefully I'll be able to get on a bit more when work's calmed down in a month or two.

UK1 members
    Upgraded last night and seems to be ok ,
    Only problem I had was with my sound card , even with my headset set to default audio output it was still trying to play it through my speakers , ended up having to disable everything apart from my headset ,

Few things need ironed out just which is expected.

Installed it today, took about an hour... so I just went for a jog :P

Haven't tried all the installed software, but so far everything seems to be fine. Had some issues with the Geforce Experience, but that has been ironed out.

Had the insider preview running on another machine so I knew what was coming. Seems good!

Also, I'm wondering... can you just delete the Windows.Old folder on your main drive?

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdOne View Post
    Also, I'm wondering... can you just delete the Windows.Old folder on your main drive?
    If you do a disk cleanup then there is an option in there under the system files cleanup to remove old windows installation files etc and that will do it for you.

Also Everyone seems to have Nvidia issues.
    I went into task manager and shut down all Nvidia processes. Then after several reboots it all just worked. No need to reinstall anything, that includes geforce experience as well. Think if i recall correctly it was about 3 restarts in total to get it back working as it should be.

We need Guns, lots of Guns