PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
Powerplay is out! Elite:Dangerous V1.3
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
    UK1 members

Powerplay is out! Elite:Dangerous V1.3

Shit! i just saw that trailer on youtube and came here to post it

Looks interesting... a LOT of factions though, not sure how I'm ever going to decide (unless you can pledge allegiance to multiple [non-conflicting] ones)

UK1 members
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdOne View Post
    Shit! i just saw that trailer on youtube and came here to post it

Looks interesting... a LOT of factions though, not sure how I'm ever going to decide (unless you can pledge allegiance to multiple [non-conflicting] ones)
    So far it seems the best plan is to not pledge to any, you still get the benefits but none of the hostility. Basically if you pledge to one particular one then you will become hostile to opposing ones and they will attack on sight. Unless of course one faction really fits your ethos (if you have one that is :) )

There are some benefits though like faction specific modules (better weapons, shields etc)
    You can also defect from one to another but you will then become hunted by the faction you have left, more so the higher you get rank wise.

The 10% Module selling penalty has been removed, there are 3 new ships, all reasonable priced as well, 2 below the price of a Cobra and one over the price 1.4 millions ish. The details are on ED Shipyard if you want to know more.

We need Guns, lots of Guns

UK1 members
    great news - I've not played Elite for a while, but this has got me interested again.

Nice :) I will try and get on later to try it out

UK1 members
    Much later as they are reckoning 6hrs downtime for the update. Servers went offline at 15.30.

UK1 members
    Oh and don't forget the Drones, for cargo scooping, fuel transfers between ships, mining drones..... NPC's are better at combat now as well so be careful out there!!