PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
SC Alpha 2.0 (mini-PU)
Hello & Welcome to www.uk1-clan.co.uk
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SC Alpha 2.0 (mini-PU)

So, I got my invite this morning to test the mini-persistent universe. I'll post up my experiences here. If anyone else gets in, let me know and we can go fly together!

You lucky dog, I haven't spent nearly enough to get into it anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdOne View Post
    You lucky dog, I haven't spent nearly enough to get into it anytime soon...
    Nothing to do with spend.

The initial batch were for people who'd contributed to bug-reporting in earlier builds.

This current batch is based on Citizen number, i.e. how early you backed. My citizen number is #66627. To find yours, go to 'My RSI' on the RSI website, then click on your portrait. It is the UEE citizen record number at the top.

For anyone interested, here is the full communication I received from CIG:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 PTU: Crusader Playtest Invite

Greetings everyone, we've got exciting news for you!

We're inviting some of our earliest backers to participate in the Public Test Universe (PTU) to playtest Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 which features the very first elements of the Persistent Universe in the form of the gas giant Crusader and surrounding areas.

(Note: Some of you may already be in the 2.0 PTU playtest; if so, we apologize for the extra email!)

The 2.0 PTU Playtest locations include Port Olisar transit station, Covalex Shipping Hub, Security Post Kareah and many scenic asteroid fields, comms arrays and research satellites that our team has been hard at work on.

This also includes our new Avenger variants, the first iteration on FPS, Multicrew technology, interior physics grid, quantum travel, IFCS, EVA, missions, and so much more. As we want to stress test the new content, we’ve disabled Arena Commander and ArcCorp for the time being.

Yep... this is a pretty awesome time in creating the BDSSE and we’re excited to have you onboard for helping us playtest this with us!!

· You’ll access Crusader on the same console you did for ArcCorp.
    · If you load into Arena Commander, you will be stuck on searching for a match screen till the player hits cancel.
    · If you load ArcCorp Area 18 you return an error message "All instances are full" and the player won’t get in!

This is the foundation to the Persistent Universe, and we're extremely proud of this major milestone in building the BDSSE!

Star Citizen 2.0 Crusader Full Patch Notes: https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/comm-link//15042-Star-Citizen-Alpha-200

Star Citizen 2.0 Crusader Issue Council for Player Feedback and Bug Reports:
    https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/community/issue-council

Step-by-Step Instructions:

1) Start the Star Citizen Launcher and log in.
    2) Click the gear cog on the top right of the Launcher. The Options menu will pop up and you can see that you have PTU access (only selected accounts will have this option).
    3) Click Copy Account to enable your account on PTU.
    4) Click the PTU tab on the Launcher to start the download.
    5) This also sends an email containing a PTU specific password to your registered email address. You do NOT need this to log into the Launcher, but you will need it to log intohttps://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com to provide bug reports and feedback.
    6) After launching the game, users now load into the Main Menu rather than going directly to Hangar. You have the option from the menu to “Go to Hangar” and “Electronic Access”.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Each 2.0 zone will allow up to 40 players but only 16 ships.
    Remember: You WILL need your special PTU password sent to you in email to access the PTU Issue Council and Patch Notes:

Accessing Star Citizen 2.0 Crusader:

After launching Star Citizen and loading into your hangar, locate the large hangar bay doors (typically located behind where you spawn in; it’s below where you spawn in the case of the Deluxe hangar). Go through the hangar bay doors and locate the elevator. Interact with the panel to select Port Olisar (located in the Crusader system) as your destination and press ‘Launch’.

• Terminals on Port Olisar are available courtesy of Crusader Industries, to allow pilots to request flight-ready ships for delivery at one of Port Olisars convenient landing pads.
      • The ships provided at the terminals will have a default loadout for the ship, and any changes made at the Hangar holotable will NOT be reflected.
      • Ships requested via the terminal are locked to the person who summoned the ship, for approximately eight minutes, after which they are considered abandoned and can be piloted by anyone. Abandoned ships will eventually despawn.
      • This is not how the functionality will work long term, and is temporary for the purposes of testing.

• There are many locations in the surrounding Crusader space to be discovered and explored, including Covalex Shipping Hub, Cry-Astro Service Station and others.
      • However not all locations available for exploration are immediately shown in your Quantum Travel navigation points. Try repairing Comm Arrays or roaming the map via Quantum Travel to see what you may find!

• Port Olisar is an Armistice Zone. All weapons are disabled while in the zone, and pilots will need to leave the area to settle disputes or seek adventure.
    • The first iteration on Quantum Travel is now available for testing in Crusader.
      • It has been activated for all currently flyable ships except the P-52 Merlin, which is a fighter and is not intended to be capable of independent Quantum Travel.
      • Quantum Travel can be enabled with the "B" key on the keyboard by default. The default keybindings are "Left Tumbler+Left DPad" on the Gamepad, and "Button 12" on the Joystick.
      • Once enabled, you can rotate your ship until you have a local Navigation Point highlighted. The highlighted navigation point will have a large circle around it in the HUD.
      • Once you have the Point of Interest highlighted, press the middle mouse button, to enter Quantum Travel to that destination. The default keybinding is "Y" on the Gamepad and "Button 4" on the Joystick.
      • If an object exists in the path between the ship and the selected destination, the Nav point will warn that the target is "Obstructed".
      • You cannot eject or self-destruct while in Quantum Travel. This is intended.

• Fuel mechanics are also in place.
      • When you activate Quantum Travel mode, the Nav points will indicate how much fuel it will take to reach that destination, as a % of your remaining fuel.
      • Quantum Travel will let you transit even if you have insufficient fuel to reach the destination, however it will only take you as far as your fuel allows.
      • Keep that and the location of the nearest refuel point in mind when planning to Quantum Travel.
      • Quantum Fuel available is listed in the bottom-right of the center HUD for most ships.

• Cry-Astro Service Station 042 provides repair, refuel and restock to ships in Crusader space.
      • This includes reloading missiles, ballistic ammo and fuel for Quantum drives.

• Weapons, Ammo and MediPens for healing needs are also available to be found on some stations, including the Behring P4-AR.
    • Pirates have been known to roam and harass honest citizens exploring Crusader space. Wise pilots should be on their guard.
    • Approaching the atmosphere of a planet too closely will result in your ship receiving a warning, and if you continue flying toward it for too long, your ship will begin to rattle apart and be destroyed.
      • This is not how the functionality will work long term, and is temporary for the purposes of testing.

• MobiGlas is now active, and can be accessed via "F9" hotkey.
      • The only applications currently usable are the Scheduler and Journal, which allow you to read and view the status of Missions as you receive them during gameplay.
      • This can be accessed all around the planetary zone, in EVA, and while in a space craft.
      • Viewing the MobiGlas UI while on-ship dims both the ship UI and visor to allow the MobiGlas UI to be visible.

• Our first set of missions are now available around Crusader for players to test!
      • The first one is to repair the Comms Arrays in orbit around Crusader, which will allow other missions to be discovered.
      • You can track missions via the MobiGlas Journal application, by clicking on the yellow hexagon icon next to the entry for that mission.
      • Missions are generated and offered at-random, and some are much rarer then others.

We sincerely thank you for your participation and hope to see you in the (PT)’Verse!

-WL
    The Cloud Imperium Games Team

Must've interpreted "contributed" wrongly... diagonal reading and such...

I'm number #349909 so it's probably going to be a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdOne View Post
    Must've interpreted "contributed" wrongly... diagonal reading and such...

I'm number #349909 so it's probably going to be a little while.
    No problem. I actually think it'll go live and open within a few days.

First go in PTU

So I never actually got into a ship, but I did a bit of running around Port Olisar station, some EVA stuff, and broke my legs, resulting in a mad spinning bug. But, you know, alpha!
    Last edited by salamanderpete; 03-12-2015 at 10:17 AM.

very pretty
    the car saint.co.uk - the computer saint.com - Check out the UK1 SETI Team

"I want one with girth"
    Stormy

That spinning was a little mental!
    My Flickr Collection, LUMIX LIFESTYLE Gallery and Youtube Channel.
    Or have a look at our blog Treksnappy

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Silas View Post
    That spinning was a little mental!
    Yeah, as someone said on TS, I'm glad I didn't have an Oculus Rift on!

Just been in for another half hour, got my Connie to spawn, jumped on board with another guy, flew around for a bit, then he flew around while I dicked about in the turrets. Was cool :)