Hi folks. I just received an email from CIG about some concierge backer events (folks who have dropped $1000 or more on the game). I happen to find myself in that category (yes, I'm Pete and I have a problem). I'm almost certainly going to the Manchester event on the 4th March. If anyone wants to come along and be my +1 (if they do them - not sure yet), please let me know below, or send me a PM. Should be a laugh, get to meet some of the devs and have a beer with them :)

Email as received

Greetings Citizens!

We’d like to thank you for your dedicated support of Star Citizen by inviting you to a little pop-up party! As a concierge-level backer, you’re eligible to attend our first ever cross-studio happy hour with the Star Citizen team. We will be hosting an informal gathering on Friday, March 4th from 6 to 9 PM near all four studios, in Santa Monica, Manchester, Frankfurt and Austin! Staff from all studios will attend, and they’re excited to meet backers and talk about the ‘Verse.

Interested in attending? Please let us know on the forums here and then watch for an additional e-mail next week with more details including the addresses for each location. It should be a great opportunity to meet the team behind the game, and even ask them some of your burning questions. We can’t thank you enough for making it possible for us to build this universe… so we’ll do the next best thing and raise a glass in your honor!

Hope to see you there!
-The Star Citizen Team